Saturday, March 26, 2011

OH CARSON

Carson is a wild man. He is been up to no good (and some cute) the last few weeks. Carson was a beast on Sunday. We have church from 1-4....TERRIBLE. We have been bringing him home after sacrament meeting, which means one of us is missing church every week, and Carson isn't going to nursery. They taught him who Jesus was, ring around the rosie and itsy bitsy spider....how can I make him miss that??? So last Sunday we stayed. When we got home he was CRAZY and so grumpy. We didn't want him to take a nap that late so we turned on Toy Story. He fell asleep on Daddy which has not happened in a very long time. It was pretty adorable.
When Carson woke up from his nap this week he wanted his tiger clock. He never has shown interest in it before but he grabbed it off his dresser and brought it to the living room. I was in in the kitchen and Carson came to get me and he was saying night night. I thought he was talking about Paige but then he brought me in to show me he had put the tiger to bed. It was sooooo cute. He even gave him a kiss :)

Now for the naughty Carson...


On Thursday the 24th we were waiting for Danny to come home from dinner (he was working a 12 here in town so he gets an hour dinner break). Carson was very antsy so I decided we would go for a walk to the neighbors and return some stuff. We went to Trudy and Jim's first and returned a bowl. Carson got out of the stroller and ran down the sidewalk. I had to go get him and I gave him a spank and strapped him in to the stroller. After a bit we went to Stephie's house to return a few things. They have cats that Carson likes to play with so I let him out of the stroller so he could play with a cat in the yard while I took the stuff in. I figured since he has just got busted for wondering off, he would stay put. Steph wasn't home so I just went in for a minute and talked to Jessie (her daughter). When I went back out, Carson was gone. I checked all of his normal spots, the backyard and the neighbors. When I couldn't find him there I got a little nervous but mostly annoyed that the stinking kid can't just stay in one spot. Jessie checked the house and I started walking around looking for him. Another friend (Katherine) drove up and started looking too. I got in her car and drove around looking. I saw another neighbor (Melanie) walking and told her I couldn't find Carson. She got her 3 kids out of bikes looking with her. Jessie walked to our house (on the next block) to look there, but no luck. I was really getting scared now. I brought the car back and Katherine started to drive around. I went to Trudy and Jim's and they each got in a car to look. Quite a bit of time had gone by, probably 10 minutes or so. I went to another neighbors house (Judy) and when I opened the door to ask her to help up look I lost it. The tears finally came. I wasn't really worried about someone taking him, but I was so scared he would get hit by a car. At this point we had 3 cars looking, and about 9 people on foot. I was running all over. -Side note- I was chopping wood earlier in the week and the dump log flipped up and landed right on the knuckle of the big toe. HURT LIKE CRAZY. I think I broke it a little. So it was killing me as a ran from house to house in my Uggs. I am such an awesome mom :) As a was running around yelling for Carson another lady/friend from the ward (Angela) drove by and asked what I was doing. I told her through my tears that I lost Carson. So she started driving around looking for my little toe-head, wearing a red shirt, and his blue moon boots. I heard some kids playing so I went that way to check if he had wondered over to play with them. A minute later Jim pulled up and told me they found him. He was in a field with that dang cat 2 blocks from Steph's house. He crossed at least 2 streets and depending on the route he took, maybe more. I had planned a beating the snot out of him when we found him, but once I saw him, clueless covered in dirt playing with the cat, I just hugged on him instead. It was close to 30 minutes by the time we found him. It was terrible. I am so glad Danny was at work. I think he would have freaked out. I am so glad that Carson is safe and sound. I am sure this isn't the first time I will lose that kid...and soon Paige will walk and I will have 2 kids to lose :)

3 comments:

Rachel Schanz said...

oh man....you have some awesome neighbors!! so scary....we lost megan in mcdonnalds for about 10 mins, found her in the boys bathroom :) those dang kids have no fear

Team Millward said...

I'm glad you weren't in freaking Compton when he took off!? But seriously, how can you ever get mad at that little face? He's going to be very hard to say no to!

Natali Jolley said...

Wow! Frightening. Excuse me though! I wear my Ugg boots nearly every day and I am not a bad mom right!?