Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TODAY SHOW

I have a Fan Pass!!!
Danny and Carson in Time Square...around 4:45am

Danny has been home all week and we have had tons of fun. We have gone to the beach, New York, Farmer's Market, just here and there. Now I have to play catch up. Most important event first...THE TODAY SHOW!!

We got tickets to the Natasha Beddingfield Today Show performance. I was so excited! To be honest we aren't crazy fans, but we do like her songs and it is a dream of mine to be on the Today Show. So Friday we woke up at 2am and drove to Staten Island. We caught the 4am ferry to Manhattan, and took the 4:30 ferry to Rockefeller plaza. Carson was such a trooper. He slept to the ferry, I fed him, and he just decided to stay awake for the rest of the day. He was great though. You should have seen him in Time Square. He was wide eyed. He loved the huge M&M TV screen.

When we got in line to get in the show, the lady checking tickets thought Carson was so cute. She told the camera man to make sure and get some good footage of him. We walked into the blocked off concert area and a security guard called me over. He said it was too hot in the middle where all of the people stand to watch the concert so he took us to a gated area to the side of the stage. Instead of 300 people in one area, there was maybe 30 of us. It was so cool.The music was pretty loud so the very friendly Today Show staff gave him ear plugs to wear.

The highlight of the day was Al Rooker talking to us. He asked Carson's name and age. WE WERE TOTALLY ON TV!!!!!!!! We called our family in Utah imediatly and had them record it. Living the dream. Natasha was great and we got to see Al, Ann, and Matt up close and personal. I have a good life.This is Lenny. He goes to the Today Show every morning. He was pretty cool.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe I missed it! I would have loved to see you on TODAY! I see that Lenny guy all the time~so fun!

Kirsten said...

I watch the Today Show almost everyday! I'm so sad that I missed this one! It looks like you had so much fun!!

Oh, where did you find that backpack you are carrying Carson in. We wanted one like that and couldn't find one.

Megan said...

Now I can say that I am friends with a celebrity.