Sunday, August 30, 2009

I FINISHED IT!!!!!!

I can't believe I finished Carson's quilt! He is 6 months old, but better late than never. I was suppose to bring Carson home from the hospital wrapped in it, but what do you do?

My dear friend Mindy helped me with the sashing for the quilt top, and my lovely friend Megan taught me how to hand quilt. With our powers combined I made my boy a quilt.

I really want Carson to love his blankie, but I don't want him getting it dirty. I don't even like to lay him on in on the floor. I have to make a duplicate :) I can't wait until I have another kid and I will let him or her take the blanket in the mud I am sure.

The picture isn't great, but here it is.

9 comments:

The French Family said...

you crafty lady you! Really cute blanket and baby - good job on both of them.

Kristin said...

I didn't know you hand quilted that! You should move to Lancaster and start selling your quilts alongside the Amish. Or you could just become Amish. :)

Rachel Schanz said...

seriously, cute kid cute blanket. and I have to say you're looking mighty good yourself :)

The Biggest Losers said...

My darling Beth: What is cuter, the quilt or the baby? The baby, of course, but the quilt turned out beautifully. That Carson better not skinny-out before we see him again. Love you all, Mommy xoxoxo

The Gibbs said...

i'm very impressed. my children will never have a blanket that i hand-sewed and i've squared with that. miss your face. your boy is adorable.

Crystal, Troy, and Landon said...

Beth, you are on a roll of completeing (sp?) projects, you are so inspiring. I LOVE IT!

Lisa said...

Good Job!! It looks great:)

Megan said...

Awesome! I love it.

Randrea said...

The quilt looks awesome! I love being able to check in on you guys and see pictures of your adorable baby boy! I wish I would have seen it when you guys were on the Today show!