Friday, April 3, 2009

WE HAVE A BABY



Please don't judge me for that ugly picture. It was taken within 5 minutes of the child being birthed. Our wonderful delivery nurse Laura took it. I accidentally posted it and I can't figure out how to change it. This is tricky.

I am attempting to blog right now. The little guy is sound asleep having his morning nap and I was feeling crazy, so I thought I would try this thing out. I am fully aware that my blog is ugly and outdated. I cannot figure out how to change the background or move pictures to where I want them. If anyone would like to assist I would gladly take the help.

Let's get to the important stuff. On February 18th, 2009 at 9:44am I managed to have the cutest baby you will ever find. I can honestly say I LOVED being pregnant. I cannot complain. I felt great and just loved having that little miracle in there. I have to say that labor wasn't that bad. I guess it stared at 4am. I was just uncomfortable. By 7:30 we were at the hospital dilated to a 91/2 and ready to push. My doctor was doing a C-section so they told us to wait. I had enough waiting by 9:30 and told the nurse I was going to push. The first push hosed the nurse down with my water and revealed a brown haired baby. 4 or 5 pushes later, there he was. I am aware that I a very lucky girl. To make all of the resentful mothers feel better, I had a rough recovery. 6 weeks later it is still a little rough. Pushing, I didn't like. I didn't have any drugs and during the pushing I could feel it. Maybe a baby who weighs 8lb 2 oz isn't meant to come out that fast.

6 comments:

The French Family said...

Yeah a new post!!

Carson is so cute! makes me want like 10 more - just joking. Anyway glad to see all is well and keep on bloggin'

Julia said...

Hey Beth I don't know if you remember me but we worked at Melaleuca with you! Congrats on the new little addition! Where are you guys at now?

Allen Family said...

I didn't even know you had a baby or even preg. Wow! We need to talk more.

Rachel Schanz said...

yeah, yeah, yeah....nice job on the pushing! That is way fast! He really is an amazingly cute baby, I of course can't say the cutest but he comes in at a close second :) give me a call if you want some help with the blogging world it's a little complicated, at least it was for me anyway......... blog about how Danny's rotations are going, how much longer until he's done???

The Gibbs said...

yeah, yeah, YEAH!!!! YOU ARE PART OF THE BLOGGING WORLD AND I AM SO HAPPY. and your baby is beautiful. and i love his name. oh i'm so happy i found you (on char's, by the way). we shall be in contact regularly. how are you?

Natali Jolley said...

Yes - i love the new post and the baby I love as well. You are always beautiful and Danny is always beautiful, so you have produced a beautiful little Millward baby that I love. YOU ROCK GIRLY HEAD. Call me.